Saturday, April 2, 2011

Happy 25 Billy!

25 years ago today little Billy was born. I am so grateful for the 21 years I was able to be with him. His illness brought us closer as a family. I am thankful for all the little moments...the quiet talks in his hospital room, watching his face when he saw his young men's leader (and friend) along with his boys come over and show him their shaved heads, then his cousins shaving their heads, listening to him talk about his father, brothers and sister, and laying on the bed just chit chatting when all of us should have been asleep. I could go on and on about the "little moments". Some too personal to share, will always live in my heart. My family now calls me the drama queen and constantly tells me that I freak out out about everything. Of course I don't believe them! I guess I'm just glad that I didn't sweat the small stuff and focused on the "little moments" when I really needed to.

I couldn't have gotten through any of it without my wonderful husband, daughter and sons and of course countless family and friends. I love you all.

Billy, I love you and miss you more than words can say.

2 comments:

  1. definitely miss the little moments, the memories run through my head everyday!

    ReplyDelete

Followers