Tuesday, June 1, 2010

So I can't keep a Secret...well atleast not this particular one!

So last week I get a "text" from Kali saying that they are going to come over for dinner.  Now this is not unusual except for the fact that when I had spoke with her that morning she had told me they weren't going to come over for dinner.  Well I always love it when they come over and they don't need an invitation so I said sure, great, come on over!  It was going to be nice because both boys were actually going to be home.  So ...I am in the kitchen and Ryan said something like, well aren't you going to tell them and I look at Kali who says nothing.  Then Ryan said you guys are going to be grandparents and I just looked at him and said something like oh please, you're not getting another dog, to which he replies, no, this time a two legged grandchild.  Tommy and I look at each other and shake our heads.  Yeah right, how many times have we heard that?!  Well eventually they convinced us they were serious.  We had greatly offended them by not believing them right off the bat but they had cried wolf one too many times!

Well yesterday at the family bbq I find out that my dear sister in law didn't hear the whole "Kali and Ryan don't want to tell everyone for a couple more weeks, so don't say anything yet".  So I get "you're shunned" from the son in law for telling Juanita Ann who told her daughters.  Sorry Ryan!  Everyone is excited.  First you tell me I am not excited enough and now you shun me.  There is just no pleasing you!

I am going to be a GRANDMA!!  Am I excited?  DUHHHH:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers