Since I became a mother 24 years ago I have always looked forward to Mother's Day. I have loved the creative handmade gifts that I have received from my children (these are the most treasured). I have loved the gifts that they have picked out when they were younger when their dad would take them to the store. I remember one time when the boys had gone with me to pick up a prescription and while we were waiting we were walking around the store and Billy and Walker noticed this bottle of "perfume". The bottle looked like someone had bedazzled it and as they looked at it they asked me if I liked it and of course I said it was very pretty...so as you guessed they made their dad take them there so they could buy it for me for Mother's Day. Now I left out the part that the bottle was a probably a good pint and a half and the "perfume" smelled like a port o potty but it's the thought that counts right. Today Walker and Ty gave me stuff for the kitchen. I can't tell you what that means. They both chose things that I they knew I would like and use. Walker gave me some cute mason jars for canning.
I am so grateful for all the mothers in my life. I have a wonderful mother in law that I never had the privilege of knowing on this earth but I know how amazing she was because for the short years she was able to be his mother on this earth she gave my wonderful husband the foundation needed to be the man that he is today. I cannot pay tribute to Tommy's mother without paying tribute to his two dear sisters. They sacrificed much for their brother after their parents died and finished the process that their dear parents started. My dear grandmothers taught me so much about being a good mother (and eventually a good grandma). They were two awesome ladies! My son in laws mother did a wonderful job raising a son who loves my daughter and takes such good care of her. What a comfort it is to know she married a worthy priesthood holder who treats her with respect. Lastly to my dear mother, thank you for being you. Thank you for the example that you have set for me. Thank you for the example of serving in your church callings and especially for the example you have set in taking care of your mother and father.
I hope everyone had a great mother's day!
No comments:
Post a Comment